Senior Technical Product Manager at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Jun 7, 2021
Req ID: 3111
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
We are looking for an experienced technical product manager to partner with engineering to build product strategies, prioritized roadmaps, and clear product specifications for our global cloud platform on which a majority of the various Discovery+ streaming content runs. Product management is a new team in our global platform services organization and we’re on a mission to raise the level of product thinking and ownership across the entire organization. If you’re looking for a deeply technical and highly dynamic opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of product development and software engineering at Discovery, we’d love to talk to you!
- Develop product roadmaps and specifications across cloud infrastructure offerings that inform engineering teams on objectives, scenario prioritization, and customer requirements
- Define longer-term product direction across cloud infrastructure that influences Platform-wide strategy
- Partner with our customers (other internal Discovery+ engineering teams), to better understand their problems and work together to deliver needed solutions
- Partner with other product managers to create cohesive strategies and roadmaps across organizational boundaries
- Foster an environment that is customer-obsessed, data driven, and hypothesis / experimentation based
- Engage deeply with various communities and strategic organizations to stay abreast of industry trends and innovations
- Help evolve the product management discipline and practices within Discovery+ engineering
- A combination of deep technical knowledge and customer-focused mindset
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies at scale, with deep expertise in one of compute, storage, or networking
- Experience designing large scale production services for internal or external customers in public or private cloud
- Strategic thinker that can relate technology solutions to customer use cases
- Comfortable handling and navigating ambiguity, working across different disciplines and teams, and applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to problem solve without perfect metrics
- Good balance of IQ & EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]