Senior Technical Program Manager- e-Commerce & Corporate at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to join us to guide cross-functional ecommerce & corporate teams. This is not an administrative role. We are looking for candidates with a strong software engineering background. You should be able to contribute at both the high level architectural decisions and the detail implementation details. This highly-visible role will also use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work with internal teams to develop and refine the software development process, contributing cross-functional technical and product expertise, anticipating and removing impediments, providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs with technical constraints.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely manner to program stakeholders.
- Ability to distill complex issues and feedback into meaningful directive communications.
- Mine data analytically and extract impactful operational insight.
- Help define the long term vision & strategy for the ecommerce & corporate initiative.
- Tech savvy, and thrives on using technology to solve problems.
- Ability to build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics around performance.
- Ability to handle a number of simultaneous tasks while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive tasks and issues to completion.
- Proven track record to effectively and efficiently deliver large, complex projects.
- Coordinate and track individual projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and product/services roadmap to drive business results. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Oversee planning of projects, programs, and initiatives ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Contribute to, and assist facilitation of Agile development practices. Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on budget, to the scope, and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with executive leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects, programs, and initiatives, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Create, maintain and disseminate program & initiative issues and risks to stakeholders
- Proven track record of creating enterprise-level software - delivering large-scale, highly available systems and quality software products or components.
- Excellent stakeholder management, 9-12 years in the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Technical background to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and a passion for technology while continually pushing yourself to learn new things.
You Should Have
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
- Strong software engineering background. Understanding issues such as applicability of specific design patterns and architecting for massive scale
- Strong blend of technical, business acumen that enables seamless communication across teams, project execution & great customer reach.
- Should be able to come up with scenarios & business requirements by analyzing data & business needs.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options, and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.