Senior Technical Program Manager: Tools and Platform
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about delivering a vision that boosts our Engineering teams.
We are looking for a person with an extensive program management and strategic background, a passion for making tools and processes that scale, and someone that gets the job done. Reporting to the Manager of Technical Program Management, this role will work cross-functionally to define, design, and execute upon high-priority efforts within the Tools and Platform Engineering organization. The Tools and Platform org plays an integral role in building the process, tools, and systems that empower DigitalOcean engineering teams to develop rapidly and deploy reliable and scalable products/services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with product and engineering management to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the organization, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional teams from design through delivery
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, to ensure transparency to program and team goals, commitments, risks, and deliverable quality
- Identify and develop solutions to impediments or bottlenecks that pose a risk to the program success and communicate any trade-offs that may result from these solutions
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating work across disparate teams
- Drive stakeholder engagement and adoption of tools and processes, gaining feedback and iterating on solutions to ensure needs are being met
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Establish, define, and track against program goals, KPIs, roadmap, and detailed plans ensuring alignment and coordination with stakeholders and team participants
- Track-record of effective collaboration with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates verbally, written, or in a presentation
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error and drive continual improvement
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates both verbally and in writing
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
- Experience with agile and other program management methodologies
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.