Paxos is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is BankchainTM, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Robert Herz, former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi and former NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager to help us scale up as our company continues to grow. The person in this role will be responsible for scoping, crafting project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating with partners on status, risks, and process product changes. The right person will thrive in dynamic environments, have experience as an engineer or working with engineers, lead through ambiguity and complexity, support multiple, simultaneous projects, and have executive presentation skills.
We hold ourselves to a very high hiring bar. To achieve this, we think of roles first and foremost as outcomes to be achieved, not simply a description of responsibilities. We have developed what we call a ‘Success Profile’ for this role, which has two sections:
- Outcomes: Meaningful and measurable work products that have a significant impact on the team and business over a defined timeframe
- How to Achieve Outcomes: We have a strong point of view on how this role will succeed in achieving outcomes at Paxos. So, we have taken the Operating System of Paxos - our values - and made it relevant to this role.
- Own the planning and delivery of multiple engineering projects spanning across different organizations such as operations, business, legal and compliance teams in addition to engineering. Leverage servant leadership techniques to influence, negotiate, and inspire others in a matrixed environment. Success is measured both by adherence to timelines and quality of the products delivered.
- Conceive, report and iterate on the right metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on progress and quality as well as help us make business decisions. Success is measured by speed of decision making that lead to key outcomes while using the metrics to make good decisions.
- Develop and evangelize frameworks to communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently. Success is measured by the ability to proactively raise issues/delivery risks and remove obstacles in a timely fashion to drive momentum and progress.
- Actively help cross functional teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Success is measured by tracking progress against those plans and facilitating trade-off discussions on scope, schedule or resources.
How to achieve the Outcomes:
Functional Acumen Required:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of modern program management methodologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical architecture and design topics.
Be An Owner:
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and identify opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency
- Serve as the Engineering organization’s connective tissue for the end-to-end product planning and development process
Shared Commitment to Excellence:
- Able to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to unusual or difficult situations or problems.
- Have excellent judgement and proven ability to influence others with analytical skills critical to success within this position.
Search for the truth:
- Focus on the “why”. Proactively asks questions to understand the problem we are trying to solve.
- Have an analytical and quantitative bend. Able to use data to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
Real time candor:
- Partner closely with Product Managers to manage project scope and ensure the technical deliverables are met. Ensure that Product and Engineering are equal owners in building the product in both spirit and action
- Communicate expectations clearly to all stakeholders and solicit and deliver feedback frequently
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with product, UX, operations, and engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features from inception to deployment.
- Strong background in Distributed Systems/Blockchain/Cryptography/Infrastructure space.
- Startup experience is a huge plus.
- Experience with Agile and Lean methodologies
PAXOS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, AGE, COLOR, RACE RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, GENETIC INFORMATION, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.