Senior Technical Program Manager at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about bringing a method to the madness and driving change? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, driven and hardworking Project Manager with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will drive planning, program management, project execution, and stakeholder and vendor management of our Financial Systems team. The Financial Systems team drives efforts including systems planning, architecture, implementation, application administration, roles management, and business unit functional support. This role will be managing projects for the procurement line of business, integrating financial systems such as Concur, Coupa, NetSuite, Kryiba, and Costar to support Peloton employees in the US and in our growing Global locations. You will also liaise with cross-functional scrum teams in other business units to support shared initiatives. You will have a unique opportunity to support a growing team.
You are required to work with technical staff and manage technical programs, as well as administrate the Jira board and workflow for the team. You will apply your technical and organizational skills to correctly capture requirements, plan for dependencies, and make these teams more efficient. You know how to apply technology to solve problems. You are both a diplomat and an advocate and will be trusted to represent these teams to stakeholders and partners, internal and external. You will help define goals, measure progress, manage dependencies, and mitigate risks. You will apply your skills to capture requirements, plan for dependencies, and make the Financial Systems team more efficient. The ideal candidate will be able to converse in technical language and possess knowledge of financial operations, systems integration, application development, service delivery, and related services.
It will be your responsibility to be relentless in getting things done. As the scrum master, you will help our teams maintain organization while continuing to improve on process and communication. It will be your job to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced and high growth environment.
- PM Methods
- Be the Scrum Master and coach for agile practices
- Drive the teams in aligning with a combination of Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall best practices
- Manage sprints and conduct sprint reviews
- Use Jira to manage the team’s work, using a combination of kanban, sprints, and waterfall workflows
- Help create self-organized teams that drive continuous improvement to our systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting for the team’s workload
- Facilitate the development and execution of the Financial Systems program roadmap and program review
- Program Governance and Leadership
- Select appropriately from a variety of PM methods, processes, policies, and procedures and apply to the situation
- Successfully manage multiple, simultaneous, complex, high-visibility programs and projects in a portfolio
- Develop and maintain a program management strategy which encompasses planning, development, monitoring, control, and execution
- Recognize opportunities for improvements/adjustments and effectively implements
- Facilitate decision-making by gathering and making information available, identifying and engaging the appropriate stakeholders, and driving and focusing discussion
- Identify, assess, and manage risks; manage the risks, not just the risk list
- Define programs or projects by gathering requirements and clear acceptance criteria/definitions of done
- Manage scope and evaluate priorities to efficiently balance resources
- Lead programs and work streams through influence, competence, and results to create a culture of shared goals and shared direction
- Relationship Management, Communication, Statusing, and Reporting
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder management plan for individuals/teams within and outside the team and/or program
- Drive process creation and cross-team collaboration
- Understand, manage, communicate, and report key program information, including status, schedule, milestones, risk, dependencies, major changes, and major decisions
- Develop and maintain a statusing and reporting process and cadence which accounts for communication to various stakeholder levels and for various purposes
- Plans and facilitates effective meetings tailoring the approach to the objective of the meeting (eg stakeholder program review vs sprint planning session), and developing solid artifacts
- Help build consensus between teams
- Liaise with vendors or suppliers
- Coordinate and help come up with solutions, and remove impediments
- Develop and demonstrate a broad knowledge of financial systems we support
- Solicit feedback from end-users to confirm solutions are appropriate and effective
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies, including managing execution through sprints, retrospectives, backlog grooming, etc., Strong understanding of story points and Agile estimation systems
- Experience administering Jira for the purpose of leveraging and modifying Jira boards, workflows, and forms, as well as other features, to enable Jira to better support the team
- Experience gathering requirements and soliciting clear acceptance criteria
- Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills, which will be used to host program reviews and stakeholder status meetings at all levels
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
- 5+ years of project management experience related to technology
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward-looking
- Prior experience with Financial Systems Project Management is considered a plus but is not required.
- Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Determined to deliver outcomes and able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward. Accountable for the delivery of outcomes strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in technical Project Management methodologies and tactics
NICE TO HAVE:
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified PMI
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.