Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about managing projects and programs, delivering for our customers, and improving processes to streamline work and reduce waste.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both the current and the next generation of DigitalOcean services and solutions. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing a set of programs and participation in both short and long-term strategic planning. As a member of our highly collaborative and motivated team, you will work with multiple development and product teams, identifying cross-team dependencies and areas that create risk across the organization and addressing those issues with a mixture of engineering, troubleshooting expertise, and program guidance. Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your technical expertise and knowledge in program management.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Communicate risk, issues, or changes in schedule to stakeholders throughout the lifecycle so they can be addressed prior to becoming larger issues
- Communicate technical and process concepts to engineers as well as leadership, understanding the appropriate level of detail to deliver based on the audience
- Monitor and track the progress of complex programs and projects ensuring that they are clearly defined and owned
- Use data to drive decision making and identify areas of opportunity for improvement as well as areas of success
- Identify and report on KPIs for your programs and focus areas
- Building consistent tracking mechanisms across the team and into the wider org
- Negotiate with stakeholders and individual contributors to keep release schedules on track
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations, directing changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms
- Look for process definition improvement opportunities and lead others in adhering to existing IT processes and contributing to their improvement
- Identify and work to reduce inefficiencies by developing or modifying processes
- Drive the building of tools and technology to automate and simplify processes
- Demonstrated success working with multiple stakeholders to achieve consensus and results
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to drive the resolution of cross-organizational issues
- Demonstrated success in an environment where you are required to think quickly, make sound decisions, and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of leading-edge program management tools and best practices
- Experience in the Cloud space or running large scale development programs and projects
- Past experience from an Engineering or Development perspective
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!