Senior Technical Project Manager, AI Platform at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are a Senior Project Manager with a strong technical background driving initiatives in engineering and/or research. You are passionate about building products that integrate innovations beyond the state of the art and having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and implementing state of the art research in order to solve real world problems.. You are very creative, and you are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
What you've done before:
- Spent 7+ years in a project management position
- Led high priority, cross-functional projects within and across teams; coordination with Product managers and Technical managers to adjust priorities or timelines as needed is critical to success in this role
- Analyze, plan, develop milestones, and track projects through delivery
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout the entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Identified risks early-on and proposed mitigation strategies by integrating business and cross-division perspective.
- Recommended improvements to the software development lifecycle, methodologies in Agile engineering by identifying issues in the current process.
- Played a role in Roadmap development in an Agile environment.
- Developed processes to identify and remove inefficiencies across teams
- Ensured project delivery and outcome align with business goals and objectives
- Created an environment that allows others to bring fresh and creative perspectives; allow for different groups to communicate well with each other.
- Used polished written and verbal communication skills to expertly convey technical, data science and business concepts to executives.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you’ll be responsible for project management within Dataminr’s AI organization to facilitate research, development and deployments in a timely manner. This is a cross-functional role in which you will have oversight and influence over product development processes, the output quality of roadmap deliverables and play a key role in driving and defining internal processes to help optimize AI projects’ planning and execution initiatives. In addition to implementing tactical project management methodologies, the role will work closely with AI product and technical leadership to drive initial launch of key initiatives, track development milestones, identify blockers, and oversee deployments to support the AI roadmap strategy. This will be a broad-reaching role; organizational savvy, interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical.
Initial Program Responsibilities will include:
- Define and lay the foundations for the project management process within the AI team. Find the gaps and fill them.
- Understand ML model development processes and be able to easily communicate with AI scientists and engineers within the team.
- Track AI model development and drive integration into production systems by acting as the bridge between scientists, engineers and other internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with AI product and technical leaders to drive the roadmap.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Austrailian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.