Site Merchandising Associate at Moda Operandi
The Associate Site Merchandiser is responsible for enhancing the overall product experience on the website through weekly product uploads and presentation of all products to optimize the customer experience, contribution to conversion, site/page engagement, sell thru, inventory, sales and margin. This position requires extensive cross-functional communication, assortment planning, and managing the accuracy and set-up of the product facts in the Content Management System.
- Manage aspects of item creation necessary to publish products to the website. Coordinating with cross functional teams (Buying, Studio, Tech, Retail Ops, Marketing) to gather all necessary data for product to go live on time.
- Provide thorough and timely QA for site content daily.
- Responsible for Online sales and maximizing profitability by assisting in the merchandising categories of business.
- Manage and review the product weekly upload process.
- QA of products and merchandise presentation on site to ensure the categorization, imagery, copy, pricing and promotional tags are accurate and meet internal guidelines.
- Provide merchandise-related support to the e-commerce operations, warehouses, and photography teams.
- Utilize CMS application to build on-line category and product assortments as directed by e-commerce management.
- Provide recommendations for site improvements and enhancements.
- Recognize opportunities for merchandising improvements in individual categories to increase sales.
- Review competitor websites to ensure industry alignment with delivery windows, categorization, promotions, and trends.
- Assist with special projects and general administrative duties.
Essential Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor Degree
- Detail Oriented
- 1+ years of site merchandising / upload experience
- A keen visual eye, sense of style and knowledge of fashion trends
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, with the understanding of what it takes to work for a start-up company
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with superior project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and follow through, in a fast paced environment
Communication and Influencing
- Demonstrate ability to build and foster productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and effective presentation skills with cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Creative thinker with the confidence to share ideas with the team
- Manage aspects of item creation necessary to publish products to the website. Coordinating with cross functional teams (Buying, Planning, Marketing) to gather all necessary data for product to go live.
Impact – the ability to:
- Lead and support cross-functional team improvement initiatives
- Execute appropriate processes and decisions across the organization
- Comprehensive understanding of the fashion and luxury goods industry, consumer products and personal technology industries, and trends affecting them
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, welcoming challenges
- Adapts to change with ease and composure
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.