Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come and join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
Our Solution Engineers help customers understand the technical benefits of CockroachDB. We believe that in order for a Solution Engineer to be successful, they must understand every part of the database, produce reusable artifacts that demonstrate strengths and disseminate the information. There are four facets to technical selling: Pre and Post Sales and Reactive and Proactive activities. The reusable artifacts are crucial in moving both Pre and Post Sales to effective and efficient proactive activities.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will create reference solutions that demonstrate the technical and business value proposition of CockroachDB. In this role, you will increase revenue pipeline by building use cases and repeatable demos and promote them through presentations, speaking events, white papers, and other channels. You will use your deep technical skills to prove credible value to customers and drive sales growth.
- Create technical product presentations, blogs, white papers, and reference solutions for sales and prospective customers.
- Build demos that highlight product differentiators in a clear and compelling manner.
- Promote the CockroachDB brand and solutions through speaking events, conferences, and meet-ups.
- Build tools to generate repeatable value for the broader Sales and Sales Engineering team.
- Promote new releases of CockroachDB by collaborating with engineering, marketing, and PM.
- Summarize common customer use cases for engineering, marketing, and PM.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about of CockroachDB and figure out where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe it’s important for you to establish internal relationships across documentation, product, and engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be owning the POCs and learning refactoring opportunities to create reusable artifacts. As you continue to grow in the role, you will be moving into owning the artifacts supporting sales. The major artifacts are sizing, best practices and industry solutions. Over the time in the role, you will work on bigger and scoped POCs that can create reusable POV artifacts. The artifacts creation and re-use are key to help pre and post sales activities.
- Must have experience writing, developing and presenting technical content for external audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of databases, distributed systems, and modern enterprise software architecture.
- 2-4 years of experience as a Sales Engineer with a proven success record.
- 2-4 years of experience as an Engineer architecting a modern enterprise software application.
- Degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]