Sr. Director, Operations Program Management at Peloton
Sr. Director, Operations Program Management
Peloton is seeking a Senior Director, Operations Program Management (OPM) based out of our NYC HQ who will report into our VP of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement. The Senior Director will be tasked with working directly with the VP of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement to create an overall strategy for the OPM team while executing on the goals needed to successfully launch new product initiatives. As a collaborator, the Senior Director, OPM will lead a global team and work with key cross-functional team leads, including Hardware and Product Design Engineering, Part Suppliers, Procurement, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Contract Manufacturers to drive the strategic direction to launch new products on time with operational excellence.
The Senior Director, OPM will have a strong technical understanding of the products and demonstrated experience influencing and driving key design and architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets and key operations KPIs. The Senior Director, OPM will own the success of all of the programs globally from early architecture through program launch while leading and mentoring a team to fuel Peloton’s expansion.
- Assess, analyze, consolidate, and communicate risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators and Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture and design locks according to PDP timeline.
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Actively participate in Hardware Engineering design discussions and steer solutions to align with market fit/expectations while hitting aggressive cost targets.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering and the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product and commodity level for your project.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals.
- Lead ramp availability with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Engineering and other internal and external teams.
- Drive Operations team to ensure security, materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place at our partners.
- Work in tandem with Product Managers to drive aggressive product cost targets and track product cost through development.
- Drive Operations team for factory readiness with manufacturing partners to support NPI builds and MP (line layout, automation, capacity, capex, etc.).
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry, with at least 5 years of leadership experience managing a team
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management and PLM system experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical and communication experience
- Master’s degree, MBA
- 10+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDM’s with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact
Founded in 2012, Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We bring our Members live and on-demand workouts from the world’s best instructors via the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread and Peloton Digital platforms.
We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our Members first and obsess over every touchpoint of their experience. We hire the best and encourage all of our associates to be passionate brand ambassadors. Most important, we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBCUniversal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.