Sr. Director Supply Planning at Peloton
This is a key leadership position, reporting directly to the VP Supply Chain. This position will require an experienced Supply Planning leader able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This role will be challenged to build a best practices supply planning function, build a process and systems infrastructure to scale the function to support growth globally.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of supply planners, responsible for planning connected fitness units and accessories. The team consists of 4 functional groups: production planning, global allocation management, inventory management and last mile replenishment planning
- Production Planning: collaborate with overseas and domestic manufacturers to align inventory and production requirements
- Global allocation management: manage allocation of production across various manufacturing partners (internal and external) based on scarce component supply or manufacturing capacity constraints.
- Inventory Management: recommend and maintain optimal inventory levels at various stages in the supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
- Last mile replenishment planning: set inventory strategies for last mile warehouses (internal and external) and retail showrooms. Develop and execute replenishment strategies.
- Collaborate closely with various business functions to understand company strategy, financial objectives and business dynamics to develop inventory and production targets with best in class methods to ensure service performance at the best return on investment
- Accountable for production and finished goods inventory metrics and for achieving goals on service levels at the defined critical levels. Ensure that root cause analysis, continuous improvement processes and corrective actions are completed and reported where results do not meet the goals. Proposes new measurements to improve results.
- Develops and staffs a team capable of carrying out Supply Optimization Analysis and Production Optimization responsibilities with a high degree of effectiveness.
- Develop organization capabilities which can respond to a dynamic business environment. Recruit and maintain high performing supply chain professionals.
- Ensure the development of the supply chain team by maintaining objectives, development plans, performance reviews and succession plans for all team members.
- Document and share “best practice” methods, processes and ideas across the business’s supply chain operations to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
- Lead corporate initiatives aimed at improving current business processes.
- Deliver on Supply Chain metrics
Education & Experience
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree Require, MS or MBA preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 10-12 years’ experience in Demand & Supply Planning in industrial manufacturing and consumer electronics.
- Specialized Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of MRP/ERP and Advance Planning tools, Statistical and Business Forecasting, Industry relevant certifications (i.e. LEAN, CPIM, APICS, Six Sigma), Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.