Sr. Scrum Master, Data
Vimeo’s Data Engineering team is on a mission to revolutionize the way data is being consumed. We are focused on democratizing our data, making sure that data is validated, consistent and reachable for any video creator, platform or internal team. We’re looking for a Sr. Scrum Master with a passion for data and bringing Scrum / Agile philosophies to teams at Vimeo.
What you’ll do:
- Increase team productivity by helping to remove impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of sprint goals, and preserve the ability to rapidly respond to changes
- Ensure clear communication and organization of all team objectives, roadmap and work currently in progress using Agile charts and KPIs, where appropriate
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile / Scrum values and practices to delight customers, empowering team self-organization
- Assess Scrum Maturity, coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is manageable and sustainable
- Build an environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Facilitate discussion, independent decision making, and conflict resolution
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Own the identification and management of cross-team dependencies
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for multiple software development teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching in an agile environment (Scrum & Kanban)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Jira and Github strongly preferred
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.