Sr. Strategic Project Manager at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
This Sr. Project Manager will plan and execute all phases of project delivery from initiation to closeout. They will be the primary point of contact for all activities, monitor and control delivery, and provide regular communication for project status and escalations. This individual will strive to reduce risk, maximize benefits, and minimize costs for each delivery. This business project manager plays a key role in identifying and implementing solutions to challenging contact center business needs.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Capture project requirements and lead project delivery from concept through implementation and closeout.
- Engage with business leadership and subject matter experts to capture business needs and translate to business requirements
- Lead business and technical teams through all phases of project delivery
- Lead user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Provide project management and leadership expertise for PMO development and support of project leads.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams, such as policy/procedure, WFM, Training, Finance, Product Development, Marketing, Reporting/Analytics, Logistics
- Share continuous improvement opportunities and benchmarking to improve PMO and Business Operations
- Lead change management efforts to ensure a seamless launch of new projects and initiatives
- Regular communication with stakeholders at all levels of management
- Project status updates and reporting
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years project/program management experience, leading small to large teams
- PMP certified or formal project management education strongly preferred
- Track record of driving results and projects to completion on schedule and under budget
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the project; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Ability to lead, and work with, all levels of the organization through collaboration and consensus building
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, and/or Lean Six-Sigma project management methodologies
- Data analysis and reporting experience preferred
- Experience with, project management tools, such as Asana, Jira, or Smartsheets a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.