Sr Technical Program Manager
Data is the lifeblood of our work at Noom. Everything we do is data-informed, from advertising to users, to tracking their behavior, to then changing it in major ways, to ultimately making them healthier. As Noom's Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), you would live and breathe our data infrastructure and analysis, and have an enormous impact on helping millions of people lead healthier lives. This role is so critical, it's currently still being done by the technical Co-Founder & President of the company, so you can see it's both a high-impact role and very senior role. Read on if you think you've got the stuff to fill it.
Noom is a leader in mobile behavior change, and combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, and obesity to name a few), reaching more than 45 million users worldwide, transforming millions of lives, and growing revenue 20x in just the last 2 years. We are backed by the top VCs on the East & West Coasts.
Your work will be pivotal in helping us grow in the next stage of our journey.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Communicate with various internal stakeholders (Data Analysis team, Product team, Finance team, etc.) to deeply understand and prioritize the requirements for evolving the Data Warehouse and the rest of our Data Infrastructure
- Develop models & data tools for answering crucial financial questions, such as which channels to credit how much on the path to conversion for each user
- Develop complex design documents with a lot of awareness of underlying data model and data pipeline/warehouse implementation
- Work super closely with Data Engineering team to iterate on and implement these ideas
- Partner with Data Science team to work on many new data-related initiatives all across the company -- from developing tools to analyse user engagement to working on financial models with the CFO. You will have broad impact on the entire org.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- High analytical & mathematical firepower: you must love to analyze, model, forecast, and be a top 1% at doing so
- Strong engineering experience: you must have coded some serious stuff at some point your career, ideally using some database technology. Your SQL skills must be very strong. (B.S. in computer science or equivalent, 5+ years of software engineering/systems engineering/TPM experience)
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to understand the needs of all kinds of stakeholders, and explain them to all kinds of engineers.
- Desire to learn & humility: what we are doing has never really been done, and our approach is quite unique, and you will be surrounded by smart folks. So you must be ready to learn, not just to teach.
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB AMAZING:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Working on some breakthrough tech (we have unique technical approaches to everything from behavior change to marketing)
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office, )
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family driven culture