Stock Administration Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Total Rewards team at Better is responsible for all tools, processes, and operations related to the company’s compensation, benefits, and wellness offerings to our employees. Our role is to design, implement and assess programs and processes that help attract, motivate, and retain the highest caliber employees to support Better’s business goals and overarching mission. We are a group that encourages teamwork, communication, creativity, and a heightened, real-time sense of what our employees both need and value in Total Reward programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the daily administration of Better’s global equity incentive plans and serve as the primary point person for equity related tasks, projects, employee inquiries, and oversight of our equity systems;
- Administer equity plans using the Carta platform, including timely processing of stock option grants, exercises, cancellations, and terminations;
- Administer and execute domestic as well as international equity programs;
- Maintain data integrity by reconciling monthly equity activity, including shares outstanding and share reserves among company records, and third-party vendors;
- Assist in development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to stock administration, and ensure compliance with internal controls;
- Create and implement process improvements and support automation initiatives between equity and HR systems;
- Partner with the People Development team to create, maintain, and deliver educational materials and customized resources;
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as needed and required by the Company, in collaboration with Finance, Payroll, Legal and People teams;
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and foreign regulations along with securities laws;
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, management and collaborators.
- 4+ years of experience in Stock Administration
- Finance/Accounting degree or CEP preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with global equity plans and the associated tax issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to thrive in a high growth, collaborative environment
- Ability to work and think independently, plan and prioritize, as well as strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and MS Office applications
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.