LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is looking for a Strategic Project Manager to join our growing team in New York City, reporting directly to our Head of Strategic Partnerships. We know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We have built and continue to expand our team of creative problem-solvers from a diverse group of industries, specialties and backgrounds.
This role will own and drive the strategic project management function for payments and work across the organization to identify, plan, and commit to processes which make commerce between cannabis companies radically simple.Responsibilities
- Defines, prioritizes, and develops project roadmaps for key initiatives centering on supply chain finance, payments, banking and other financial services use-cases
- Develops a project management planning rhythm which includes setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables
- Understands and analyzes project risks and resource allocation within the financial service team
- Oversees the development of projects and ensuring team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently and meeting deadlines while upholding the company's standard
- Accurately documents the project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification
- Manages large cross-functional infrastructure team projects
- Drafts and provides input into the team’s budget
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of project management experience across commerce and enterprise focused platforms
- Master Project Manager (MPM) Certification and strong technical capabilities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to internal stakeholders
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Strong leadership abilities to maintain, level-up, and inspire both the team and the community we serve in the marketplace
- Ability to partner with business teams on commercial concepts and distribution strategies to ensure a collaborative go-to-market approach
- Exposure or experience covering existing and emerging financial technologies such as digital payments, credit and/or banking use cases is preferred
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.