Strategic Sourcing Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a hands-on Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our rapidly growing team and help scale/optimize our procurement operations. This exciting new role will be responsible for leading global activities related to the procurement of corporate goods and services including technology, marketing, facilities, etc. We are looking for someone who can collaborate extremely well with internal partners like Accounting, Legal, and Finance as well as other key internal stakeholders to develop and execute our procurement to pay lifecycle, align with business requirements and continually exceed expectations. This position will report directly into the Director of Procurement and have visibility throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with building strategic partnerships and trust across all business units at Braze and attend regular meetings with vendor negotiations.
- Partner closely with the Legal and Security Team while assisting with vendor contract (MSA, SOW, NDA, DPA, etc.) negotiations.
- Assist and train end users with the creation of Purchase Orders and all other Coupa activities
- Streamline and prioritize incoming procurement requests from internal employees.
- Draft, process, and track purchase orders, while working with accounting to track invoicing and payments.
- Assist in evangelizing the No PO, No Pay policy and assist in formulating internal controls and policies in compliance with SOX and GAAP.
- Continually advise and evangelize to business partners on procurement best practices.
- Construct and manage the RFIs and RFP process with vendors.
- Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top procurement issues to leadership and broader team.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal results.
- Help aggregate and archive all existing and future vendor contracts to a centralized location.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of relevant experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, or partner management.
- Technology contract experience with SaaS, Subscription, and Marketing
- Financial, tech and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless processes, systems and tools that benefit our teams and internal customers and partners.
- Team player with collaborative style and proven track record of building successful relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Enjoy learning new technology, and you have deep experience configuring and continuously improving various procurement operations tools, systems and supporting software tools like; Coupa, Netsuite, JIRA and contract management systems.
- Adept at building Spend, Savings, and Procurement Operations metrics
- Sound judgment with the knowledge to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting or finance is a plus
- A fantastic sense of humor.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office (when we return to the office!), including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.