Sustaining Technical Project Manager
Latch is seeking a Sustaining Technical Project Manager to join our fast growing Software Program Team. In this role you will be the air traffic controller for customer-reported issues, ensuring the right teams are engaged at the right times to address them. You’ll work closely with the Customer Support, QA, Product, and Engineering teams to help them prioritize and resolve these issues quickly and methodically. Owning the management of all production issues, you’ll also be responsible for managing the cross-functional response effort when critical issues arise. As a member of the Software Program Team, you’ll work to uphold and improve upon established processes.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
A little bit about you:
You are comfortable diving into the unknown. You understand how to weigh the information in front of you to determine when to take action, and when to gather more data. You approach problems logically and methodically. You build strong working relationships across multiple teams and know how to work through those partners to get work done. You have strong technical knowledge and are familiar with basic software and firmware architectures. You are extremely professional, comfortable around higher leadership, and can stay cool under pressure.
- Regularly partner with Customer Support to review and understand incoming reported issues
- Act as a screener to be able to assign issues to the appropriate Product and Engineering teams
- Facilitate regular communication to ensure the Product, Engineering, and Operations teams understand the state of our systems based on existing production issues
- Work with Software PM, Product, and Engineering to understand how and when fixes can be implemented without disruption to ongoing projects
- Partner with the Product team to ensure production issues are accounted for in Product roadmaps
- Own response efforts to high-priority issues; mobilizing appropriate teams, defining the action plan, communicating status and action plan to C-level executives, and seeing through to resolution
- Keep Customer Support informed regarding timing and details of issue resolution
- Maintain issue tracking systems to ensure they accurately reflect ticket statuses
- Communicate known issues to the Operations team
- Act as a subject matter expert for software functionality and provide support for complex troubleshooting scenarios
- Ensure SLAs for issue and outage resolutions are met
- 1+ years of project or program management experience
- 2+ years technical customer support experience
- Experience with software and hardware development methodologies a plus
- Experience communicating with C-level executives
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice