At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Medical Physics Computer Service team is seeking a System Project Manager with a strong background in technology project management to join us in Upper East Manhattan, New York.
We are building and managing a large spectrum of computerized equipment and application development to improve the standard of care in Radiation Oncology and Medical Physics. You will be working closely with our physicians, clinical researchers, medical physicists, computer scientists, a variety of software engineers, and a group of dedicated IT support specialists in a highly visible role in our organization.
- Develop and maintain a detailed Project Plan for each project, defining key milestones, timelines, stakeholders, ensuring that the project stays on time and on budget.
- Coordinate project meetings, take and publish detailed minutes. Engage vendor resources as needed.
- Work directly to plan and implement software upgrades, including project plans, testing, training, coordination of required resources.
- Coordinate between department, MSK IT, MSK InfoSec, Vendor to construct risk assessment, security plan for new installation and upgrade.
- Involve with application development using Agile framework and help manage to deliver the applications on time.
- Help automate the tasks via scripting and programming. Improve the efficiency of workflow and promote the DevOps culture in the team.
- On-call availability via on rotation schedule with other team members.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Management or related field
- 3+ years proven experience in technology project management or equivalent experience
- Experiences in healthcare project management at radiation therapy, radiation oncology, and radiology.
- Skills in Windows and Linux scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python preferred).
- Skills in network, information security, DICOM,
- Experiences working in Agile development environment.
- Good verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experiences in software development.
- Hands-on experiences on DevOps and cloud-based solutions.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.