Technical Education Manager at Vimeo
The Vimeo Solutions team is dedicated to ensuring our users are getting the most out of Vimeo’s Enterprise offerings. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining content and programming that empowers technical fluency and adoption of Vimeo’s products for Enterprise-level clients.
The Solutions Operations team is seeking an individual to join our new Technical Education team. As the Technical Education Manager, you will be responsible for creating programming that runs parallel to Vimeo’s onboarding and implementation team. You should expect to start fast by designing high-quality learning experiences for our clients and Solutions teams alike. This role should combine your passions of instructional design, content creation, team onboarding, tinkering with new platforms and distilling complex ideas into easily digestible concepts.
In this position, you will be the initial content creator and program designer, organizing and building out new and existing educational content for Enterprise clients and those that support them through the onboarding and implementation phase of the client lifecycle.
What you'll do:
- Re-imagine our current training curriculum used to support clients through the Vimeo Onboarding process, including the Solutions team’s current webinar series.
- Maintain client facing onboarding training documentation, both written and video, alongside Technical Program Managers.
- Use Vimeo tools to build out internal training programs used to prepare the Solutions team members as product and process specialists.
- Write and maintain video scripts for various training videos including those used for in-product instruction, documentation, product releases and filmed/live training.
- Project managing creation of onboarding training and videos.
- Build out an iterate on an onboarding video library, keeping content up to date with new releases to ensure continued relevancy.
- Understand primary metrics needed to assess program and content efficacy.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of experience in instructional design, learning & development or building e-learning experiences
- Experience in facilitating technical trainings for audiences with a range of technical proficiency
- Strong video production and editing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience live streaming and encoder software
- Familiarity with (and opinions on!) various LMS, documentation and training tools
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience working with implementation or success teams at tech companies and a solid understanding of their success metrics
- Understanding of (and maybe just slightly obsessed with) learning theories
- Comfortable using Vimeo tools
- Ability, and creativity, to deliver results with minimal supervision and the ambiguity that comes with a new team and program
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs