Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and private Q&A for business of all sizes. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 1000 names. Stack Overflow for Teams builds on our proven Q&A approach by providing a private, secure home for your organization’s own Q&A. This gives your technical staff instant access to their peers’ expert knowledge of your own proprietary systems and processes—in the same format they already use to get general coding help. We’re a profitable and fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Technical Evangelist to support our Sales Team. The Technical Evangelist will have a deep understanding of our new offerings and product roadmaps. You will work hand-in-hand with the Sales Team to identify and qualify business opportunities, travel to client's offices to meet with high-level executives, identify key customer technical objections, and help develop strategies to resolve technical impediments. Your role may include performing information security related activities. You must ensure the protection of company and customer assets within your area of responsibilities, and escalating critical asset threats to management.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as an expert on the product for both external and internal sales questions
- Support Sales on prospect technical calls
- Develop and provide technical collateral in support of Sales
- Develop and provide technical product training for the Sales Team
- Work with Customer Success Sales Representative, Enterprise teams to confirm we can deliver on proposals
What you need to have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver a technical pitch
- At least 6 years of experience in architecting or designing software solutions for customers
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with multiple technological environments
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences
- Experience serving as a technical sales or solutions engineer in a customer-facing role
- Technical writing experience
- Familiarity with our stack: Windows 2016 Server+, IIS, Elasticsearch, Redis
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.