Cedar is seeking an entrepreneurial, product-focused Technical Lead who will own the development of a new project within Cedar’s Initiatives Pillar. The Initiatives Pillar can be thought of as a startup within a startup. Cedar crafts new initiative teams when we have meaningful business goals that span across our existing products or code base, and require the focus of a dedicated team to get to market quickly.
This project has the potential to radically change the patient financial experience. We plan to build a prototype, deploy it to several of our clients, and iterate quickly to prove its value. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about innovation in healthcare, has solid technical skills, and is comfortable working with ambiguity and frequent change in product scope. You’ll be working closely with our Co-founder, Product and Design leads, and exceptionally talented engineers.
- Lead a team of engineers building a new product at Cedar. Make major contributions to the codebase, as well as prioritizing the work and providing technical mentorship to other engineers.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to determine the best path forward for the product. Become a domain specialist, and contribute opinions and ideas for product planning.
- Engage with Cedar clients as a technical leader. Understand needs, guide technical discussions, and train other engineers to work with clients
- Help engineering and the broader Cedar organization grow. Streamline process, build tools, and identify growth opportunities to help Cedarians on other teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+years of professional software development experience
- Experience building sophisticated web applications
- Strong project management skills
- Experience collaborating closely with Product and Design teams
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience building new software products or prototypes
- Technical leadership experience, as engineering manager or tech lead
- Python expertise
- Based in the New York City area (open to remote)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Technical Lead (Initiatives) who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.