Technical Lead, Schools Access at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world in 2019! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
The Schools Access team helps build and support TpT School Access, our new offering to help teachers access teacher-created resources without having to pay out of their own pocket. The team is responsible for much of the teacher experience, including searching for, evaluating, and accessing resources. At the same time, the team is continuing to build out TpT’s new architecture platform to modernize systems and accelerate development at TpT.
As a technical lead at TpT, you own the on-time, successful delivery of a team’s work. To accomplish this, you are expected to participate in cross-functional alignment on product requirements and timelines. You guide the engineering team in successfully translating these product needs into a plan of action that leads to a high-quality product reaching users’ hands and meeting business goals. In the process, you drive the team’s engineering systems and processes to deliver products at high quality and velocity.
- Drive delivery of high quality products and features by working with cross-functional leads (product, design, product marketing) to define, scope and prioritize upcoming projects
- Provide technical oversight to the breadth of engineering work on the team, participating directly in implementation and support as required.
- Implement a culture of continuous iteration and learning both on the product and team processes.
- Encourage and exemplify exceptional communication and collaboration on the team. Leverage these practices to help the team resolve ambiguity and make effective decisions.
- Effectively scale yourself by delegating projects where appropriate, while continuing to provide helpful support to teammates.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong technical track record, with deep knowledge in at least one part of the stack and a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level decisions across the stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is effective both among engineers and cross-functionally.
- Deep technical curiosity to learn and fill gaps in knowledge about systems you are responsible for. Able to learn and provide effective feedback to peers working on across the stack.
- Passion for product engineering — collaborating with product management and design to build great products and user experiences
- 4+ years of experience in development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects. At least 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.