Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Technical Program Manager to join our engineering team, and drive technical execution across the organization.
What you’ll like about us:
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What we’ll like about you:
- You have 6+ years experience in the software industry, including 4+ years as an Engineer.
- You possess deep, strategic knowledge of server-side or full-stack programming, with a focus on performance and scale. Our TPMs are technical people, so you need to enjoy getting into the weeds with other engineers.
- You possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, as well as stakeholder needs to engineers.
- You know how to make things happen in a rapidly scaling engineering team, and are able to influence without authority.
- You have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective processes, without sacrificing agility or creating too much friction.
- You think in terms of the big picture, and are expert at incorporating diverse perspectives, managing conflicting sets of requirements and finding the globally optimal solution to technical problems.
This position is either Remote or at our New York City headquarters.