Technical Program Manager - Building Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology team’s mission is to Empower WeWork and its Members with world class technology infrastructure, support and services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure and IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, and easy-to-consume way. The technology we build and manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries and continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their life’s work.
About the role
Lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using engineering expertise. Plan requirements with internal and external customers, and launch programs and manage them effectively through the entire project lifecycle. This includes handling project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Provide the required hands-on network/systems/software development and program management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Work closely with network/systems/software engineers, product managers and other engineer teams to get high-quality products and features developed and deployed.
- Manage a highly complex portfolio of infrastructure and Member facing projects with matrixed stakeholders across a global organization.
- Identify opportunities for business transformation to increase revenue, decrease cost, and improve operating efficiency and scalability.
- Consult with business units to create new project justifications and prioritize the existing portfolio according to business drivers.
- Develop and manage detailed project plans for complex projects with strong change control.
- Manage vendor statements of work, project budgets and invoice payments.
- Develop detailed system requirements, test plans and training materials.
- Lead all testing efforts and drive the remediation of defects encountered.
- Ensure comprehensive change management including change communications, user training and ongoing education.
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Technical Program Manager with strong technical expertise with cloud computing or related technical fields
- Experience as an Engineer in network/systems/software engineering disciplines; experience as an engineering manager
- Experience of deploying Cloud Services and SaaS products with custom API and integrations.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong work ethic and ownership mentality
- Industry experience in Real Estate or Hospitality/Retail with multi-unit businesses preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science preferred. MBA a plus.
- Certifications such as Lean Six Sigma, PMP, PMI-PBA, CBAP or CCBA is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.