Technical Program Manager - Compliance & Security at Addepar
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:12 p.m. (EST) on Monday, October 19, 2020
Security is a core pillar at Addepar. As one of the core objectives, security needs sound management to operate efficiently and effectively. We are looking for a Security Program Manager to organize, structure, and drive the internal deliverables for our Information Security program. As a senior member of the security team, you will be responsible for driving and executing our strategic plan, coordinating delivery, and communicating our program cross-functionally.
Addepar's CISO and their friendly security team will support you while working with your peers across Addepar to amplify your impact. As the security program manager, your core objective is to streamline processes and de-risk projects by working with your counterparts, stakeholders, and other teams to ensure the Security team produces quality outcomes. Your role is essential to Addepar's success in protecting its client data. The security team is distributed with the organizational commitment and tools it needs to make it work.
- Manage the security program planning and process-orientation to ensure they are actionable
- Document the security plan in a consumable format for stakeholders and senior leadership
- Engage with internal and external partners, work with them on a regular cadence
- Keep the security team, leadership, and other partners appraised of the execution of our plans
- Map security control goals to actual and potential security capabilities, matching aspirational guidance with reality
- Effectively measure security controls effectiveness
- Establish critical metrics for our security vendors and ensure they are held accountable for quality in deliverables
Addepar values diversity. The following are not hard set rules; however, to be effective in this role, the ideal candidate will possess some of the following:
- Ability to know when to influence horizontally or vertically
- Ability to anticipate the potentials of scope creep in deliverables
- Previous experience with NIST Cybersecurity Framework as well as SOC 2
- Experience with project management systems, such as Jira
- Understand the need to meet deadlines, clearly communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship-building, and experience thriving in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams
- High emotional intelligence
- Experience in anticipating potential problems when dealing with scale
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $1.7 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.