Technical Program Manager Digital Applications at Peloton
Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and experience managing cross functional software programs? Do you strive to understand the details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, and scope of a program?
Peloton is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to help drive collaboration and timely execution of organizational priorities across our Digital Application space (iOS, Android, FireTV, Web) including Partnerships initiatives. This role will work closely with engineering management, product management and design operations to execute against our software product roadmap for our connected fitness applications.
You will be responsible for delivering cross-functional features and technical initiatives, as well as planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate is a self starter with a willingness to wear multiple hats and go beyond your own role. You will be joining a company and team that creates positivity, community, and fitness using the latest and greatest tech.
- Work with the Engineering and Product teams and manage multiple full lifecycle Software programs from early definition, to post release support
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software features for each version are controlled, and that releases and release schedules are clearly communicated to Partners and to the product manager.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our SDET and SQA teams.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Managing partner meetings and relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters / MBA preferred)
- 5+ years experience with managing multiple projects through inception to delivery
- 5+ years of experience managing mobile focused software application development projects, you must have both Native (iOS/Android) and Web app experience.
- Experience delivering software for high volume major consumer brand(s)
- Must be an excellent communicator with ability to translate complex technical issues or ideas to a wide non-technical audience
- Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Experience with Agile, lean methodology and JIRA
- Familiar with Mobile application development and store / release lifecycles
- Familiar with API/Client communication flows
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, action-driven, and has strong ownership
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.