Technical Program Manager, Digital Apps at Peloton
Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and experience managing cross functional software programs? Do you strive to understand the details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, and scope of a program?
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to help drive collaboration and timely execution of organizational priorities across our Digital Application space (iOS, Android, FireTV, Web). This role will work closely with engineering management, product management and design operations to execute against our software product roadmap for our connected fitness applications.
You will be responsible for delivering cross-functional features and technical initiatives, as well as planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate is a self starter with a willingness to wear multiple hats and go beyond your own role. You will be joining a company and team that creates positivity, community, and fitness using the latest and greatest tech.
- Work with the Engineering and Product teams to manage multiple full lifecycle Software programs from early definition, to post release support.
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement.
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software features for each version are controlled, and clearly communicated with ODM/JDM/Technology partners and the product manager in US.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our SDET and SQA teams.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters / MBA preferred).
- 5 or more years experience with managing multiple projects through inception to delivery .
- 5+ years of experience managing mobile focused software application development projects, you must have both Native (iOS/Android) and Web app experience.
- Experience delivering software for high volume major consumer brand(s).
- Must be an excellent communicator with ability to translate complex technical issues or ideas to a wide non-technical audience.
- Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Experience with Agile, lean methodology and JIRA.
- Familiar with Mobile application development and store / release lifecycles.
- Familiar with API/Client communication flows.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, action-driven, and has strong ownership.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.