Technical Program Manager, Engineering Platform at Squarespace
Technical Program Manager, Engineering Platform
At Squarespace, we enable millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. They do this by using our growing suite of software products (websites, online stores, marketing tools, and more). Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier and more predictable.
We are looking for an experienced TPM to partner with our Engineering Platform organization to help manage and deliver projects. Engineering Platform teams work at the intersection of technology and product. The services, frameworks, and libraries that they provide are foundational to Squarespace’s product offering and enable our product teams to move quickly and confidently.
Example objectives include:
- Modernizing our platforms and codebase, proactively investing in scalable and performant solutions
- Reducing the impact incidents have on the customer experience, ensuring we are resilient to failures
- Building software that connects a diverse group of technology and business partners to support our strategy and vision
This is an individual contributor role and reports to the TPM Manager for the Platform & Data groups. TPM is part of the Engineering department.All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time.
We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
TPMs are responsible for:
- Dependency discovery during planning
- Definition of clear escalation paths
- Creation of clear and helpful plans for delivery
- Risk management and impediment removal throughout delivery
- Communication and coordination throughout delivery
- Coaching teams on delivery processes & tooling; temporarily facilitate agile processes, if needed
You will join a growing, talented team of TPMs who:
- Understand the customer and business problems they’re trying to solve
- Make it easier for teams to deliver solutions to these problems
- Manage risks and remove (or escalate) impediments to their success
- Engage stakeholders effectively through active listening and excellent communication
- Enlist support from peers, leadership, and other disciplines judiciously
- Acquire relevant functional, domain, and technical knowledge to perform their roles
- Receive feedback graciously and turn it into concrete improvements
- Pivot and adapt as needed to support the needs of Squarespace
- Serve as an ambassador for the TPM team, internally and externally
- Drive their career development at Squarespace and beyond
- Foster an equitable and inclusive culture
In your first three months, you will:
- Build confident and comfortable relationships with other TPMs, your partners in Engineering Platform, and stakeholders through 1:1s and meetings
- Learn about the customer and business problems you’ll be helping to solve and the technologies you’ll be working with
- Understand the delivery challenges facing your teams and stakeholders today, so you can begin to incrementally improve them
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining affinity Slack channels, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier and more predictable by driving for transparency and clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, and leaving our ego at the door. We treat processes and tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.