Technical Program Manager II at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
New York, NY, US, 10012
Date: Jun 13, 2021
Req ID: 2384
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery is looking for a talented Technical Program Managers to join the Global Affiliate Integration team with responsibilities within the Set-top Box (STB) deployment workstream. We are looking for that rare candidate with technical background, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to thrive with little process, direction, or oversight. This is a role inside a fast-paced start-up environment where we are also building process and structure befitting a major corporate entity. This position will appeal to a person who is excited by ambiguity and new product development while yearning to help shape project management practices to reduce this ambiguity over time.
The Direct 2 Consumer Group is a technology company within Discovery Inc. With streaming brands such as Discovery+, Food Network Kitchen, Golf TV, MotorTrend and Eurosport Player we build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications for Web, Mobile and Connected devices.
To support these experiences, we are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all our network’s brands globally. Leveraging modern container-based micro- services operated on AWS, covering everything necessary for monetising a rich video streaming experience.
The ideal candidate communicates clearly, analyzes technical designs, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, triages bugs, reviews metrics & data, and monitors launch operations for large software projects. The ideal candidate can switch effortlessly between these modes adapting themselves to the needs of their workstreams. They are a strong self-starter and can analyse multiple sources to identify clear direction and focus for their projects. They are still comfortable with technical details when giving feedback to engineers on their projects.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals. You have shipped multiple high impact projects and use data to assess their impact.
• You have experience with all phases of project delivery from concept to production, including defining features and deliverables, securing team commitments, establishing a project charter, handling all communication and reporting, overseeing development & deployment, and performing retrospective assessment using data and key performance indicators.
• You have demonstrated your written communication skills can be applied to business and technical documentation, when needed for your project, and have written multiple documents in multiple formats in your experience. Your documents are used as examples of good work by your peers.
• You have demonstrated the capacity to make decisions for more than one project or program area showing that your judgment is flexible.
• You can handle more than one project simultaneously and successfully.
• Technical background in video streaming or related field.
• Additional technical literacy such as professional experience with AWS services or front-end client development.
• Experience implementing Agile methodologies.
• Subject matter expertise in one or more CE connected devices; ideally media provider branded set- top boxes.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City