Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
We are hiring senior technical program managers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for test automation, delivery pipelines, and processes which give the organization a competitive edge and improve developer efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
- Scope & Complexity : You drive projects across more than one team, you have experience managing dependencies and stakeholders from external teams. You're able to take an ambiguous problem statement related to your subject-matter area to drive project deliverables over multiple iterations to achieve the right outcome.
- Decision Making : You are able to act as a representative for your area autonomously. Your decisions are right, far more often than not. You play a leadership role in your team: they look to you for advice on the technical and business issues.
- Execution : You get a lot done and you make others around you more productive. You have a company wide view of how your programs or projects impact the bottom line and you constantly think about how to improve our ability to deliver large projects.
- Operations : You apply processes and standards thoughtfully with bias towards automation, identifying the right amount of process and structure to achieve the correct outcome with the least overhead.
- Influence : You play a leadership role in your team: they look to you for advice on the product direction, technical designs, and operations.
- Communication : Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary, concise and to the point, making you the initial point of contact for business and technical stakeholders. You are the point of contact for data related to your product, services, and features.
- Comfortable and experienced in leading project/scrum teams in an agile environment for CI/CD pipelines, DevOps tools development, and Test Automation.
- Knowledge of test strategy and practices including BDD, TDD, unit testing, regression testing, etc.
- Experience driving technical feature planning on test automation pipelines.
- Knowledge of operational practices, workflows, and delivery models for engineering teams. Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management.
- Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
- Accountability of project scope and ensuring completion of projects while maintaining compliance with standard processes, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Estimating, scheduling, coordinating, assigning resources, and assisting and recommending business solutions/alternatives for projects.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation.
- Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
- Nice to have: AWS, Selenium, Apache test tools, Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.