Technical Program Manager: Infrastructure Engineering
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about communication, collaboration and helping technical teams successfully deliver results and solve problems.
As a member of the Infrastructure TPM team, the Technical Program Manager focused on Infrastructure Engineering will work cross-functionally to organize and execute upon high-priority efforts within the Infrastructure organization. This Program Manager will play an important role throughout the development and roll-out of key initiatives for Networking, Infrastructure Tools, Integration, and Development teams.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support Roadmapping and OKR processes within the Infrastructure Engineering teams
- Manage schedules and dependencies across a portfolio of products
- Facilitate planning and prioritization processes
- Organize and communicate release plans and own the coordination of releases internally
- Manage, communicate and negotiate changes in project schedules with key stakeholders
- Measure and report on overall velocity to help shape process and optimize workflows
What We'll Expect From You:
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates verbally, written, or in a presentation
- Excellent coordination, motivation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Strong skills in planning with a proven track record of completing projects to their fruition
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Organization skills that mitigate against human error and drive continual improvement
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.