Technical Program Manager - Presence (New York, NY)
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed. That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier and more predictable.
We are looking for experienced TPMs to grow and drive a variety of programs within the Presence organization of our Product Engineering group.
Presence teams build products that help Squarespace customers bring their brands to life—from registering domains to creating and publishing websites using our desktop and mobile CMS platform. As a member of our growing Presence TPM team, you will work with product managers, engineers, and designers to deliver software products to our customers.
This role is for an individual contributor and reports to the Product Engineering TPM Team Lead. TPM is part of the Engineering department.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
In this role you will
- Partner with engineers, team leads, managers, and other stakeholders across the company to scope, plan, track, and deliver high-priority Presence projects
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects
- Track and mitigate impediments to teams’ delivery success (e.g. risks, blockers, dependencies) through relentless follow-through and skilled stakeholder communication
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, scope updates, and progress towards target outcomes (i.e. key results)
- Get to know our product organization and technologies so you can speak fluently to project stakeholders and effectively identify and mitigate risks, dependencies, and blockers
- Help teams continually optimize planning and delivery processes of technical projects
What we’re looking for
- Experience delivering cross-functional projects of increasing complexity and scale
- Audience-centric, clear, and effective communication
- Experience working on products for consumer and business SaaS companies
- Experience working with a variety of delivery methodologies, and adapting these approaches as needed to deliver on your program
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies and ability to pick up technical concepts quickly
- Ability to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Independent thinking combined with the ability to react quickly, challenge ideas, and work autonomously
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), and G Suite
- Strong commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and trust
In your first three months, you will
- Get to know the Presence teams and products/technologies through 1:1s, attending meetings, reviewing documentation, and shadowing your stakeholders
- Begin managing one to two cross-org Presence projects, proactively escalating issues and risks to project delivery
- Establish a cadence for project updates and communication with your project team(s) and stakeholders
- Understand interaction points between Presence teams and other teams in the Squarespace Product & Engineering organizations
- Build a confident and comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier and more predictable by driving for transparency and clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, and leaving our ego at the door. We treat process and tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
*Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.