Technical Program Manager, Reliability and Performance
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager who will play a key role across product and engineering teams, assessing performance and reliability of our web experience and iOS apps and working to develop strategies and frameworks that empower Compass feature teams to deliver exceptional experiences. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on empowering the Compass engineering team and product.
- Partner with engineers, product managers and dev ops teams to understand performance and reliability globally and identify biggest opportunities for improvement.
- Develop success metrics for site availability and performance and work with Product and Engineering teams to define a plan to hit goals
- Develop engineering onboarding and documentation plans based on understanding the challenges engineers face in building applications
- Communicate updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders
- Provide day-to-day coordination, tracking and quality assurance for all projects
- Drive process improvements, remove gaps across teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with our objectives and key results
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck and providing day-to-day coordination
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in Engineering Program Management or Product Management.
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects.
- Experience in one of Java, Python, Go or experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- Excellent communication skills and experience getting things done in startup culture
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills within a diverse, cross-functional team
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.