We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) are responsible for our most crucial and thought provoking projects that span teams, products, and organizations. We are highly-technical, organized, and deliver projects across ambiguous ownership lines. Specific opportunities across Security/Privacy/Compliance
We anticipate massive growth in both people and product over the next few years. When we need to update our platform to work with new infrastructure or implement new system-wide capabilities, our TPMs lead the effort. Where our Product and Engineering organization focus on delivering new product functionality, our TPMs uplevel our entire platform by coordinating/leading the efforts of many and directing them towards a focused outcome.
- Deeply engage with business and technical requirements
- Discover technical and business dependencies
- Decompose projects into completable parts
- Work with engineering teams to plan and deliver
- Improve processes, identify systemic problems, and recommend solutions
- Manage cross-organization integration and migration efforts
- Work with teams across the organization—engineering, sales, marketing and executive teams—to keep them aware of timelines and capabilities
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other engineering disciplines, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years experience as program/project manager in a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills
- Experience managing projects spanning multiple disciplines, stakeholders, and technologies
- You have Technical Program Management experience at a growing SaaS company with strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Hands-on and technically savvy, you have experience helping teams launch applications into a complex production environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization; strong technical and leadership skills, experience building and fostering strong working relationships
- Experience influencing without direct authority at senior levels of internal and external organizations; strong people and negotiation skills
- Solid communication skills, attention to detail, strong presentation skills
- Business acumen; ability to assess problems and implement suitable solutions keeping technology and customers in perspective
- You take a data driven approach to program management; building tools (workflows, custom work intake processes, estimation models), collecting data, and driving stakeholder buy-in.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.