Technical Program Manager, Studio Software at Peloton
As a Technical Program Manager for Peloton Studios, you will drive planning, program management, project execution, and stakeholder management of the teams that support Peloton Studios software for members and instructors. Peloton's Studios in New York City and London support all content Production for live and prerecorded Peloton classes. This role will manage software updates, rollouts, and coordination between Content, Production, and Software teams. You will also liaise with cross-functional scrum teams in other business units to support shared initiatives. You will have a unique opportunity to support a critical team.
You will be required to work with Software and Hardware engineers to manage technical programs, as well as handle communications between all parties necessary for the functioning of our Studio Software. You will apply your technical and organizational skills to correctly capture requirements, plan for dependencies, and increase effective collaboration. You will help define goals, measure progress, manage dependencies, and mitigate risks. The ideal candidate will be able to converse in technical language and possess knowledge of different parts of a Software Tech Stack, in order to engage the appropriate partners in decisions and processes. You are both a diplomat and an advocate and will be trusted to represent these teams to stakeholders and partners, internal and external.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to manage software updates, rollouts and other major events in the Studio
- Determine needs for upcoming events, provide project plans and communicate status of the project and program portfolio to all stakeholders in business units and business heads
- Drive the resolution of software issues and act as the liaison between Software, Studio Content, and Studio Hardware Technician teams.
- Ensure project timelines are met
- Provide risk management, project forecasting, and issue triaging
- Help prioritize programs and projects based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Ensure that investments and initiatives are aligned with business strategy and priorities
- Strong technical, problem solving and planning ability
- Able to lead business partners in requirements gathering and visioning
- Have working knowledge of risk management, as well as standards and policies formulation
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with large distributed systems in critical production service environments
- Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
- Have an understanding of Agile development methodologies and be able to translate the concepts to planning and cross-functional projects
- Experience in event/incident/problem/change managementExperience with JIRA, Confluence, or other project management tools
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business, or a related discipline
- Experience working with Connected Hardware products or live production environments a plus
- 5+ years of program management experience
- Android experience (pulling logs etc.) a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com