At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You’re a team player who understands that the needs of the project and group come first. You’re excited by the opportunity to define the vision and strategy for large cross-cutting initiatives. You are ready to do whatever it takes to achieve success for your program, and are eager to motivate others in this mission as well.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be working on our technology platform. You will work collaboratively with engineering, product and design leaders to coordinate planning cycles. You will be responsible for driving large, company-wide initiatives from start to finish, building consensus and confidence along the way. Your role entails leading regular check-ins with agile working groups, helping keep deliverables on track, and leading change as you anticipate how others might be impacted.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- You will work closely with the Director, Technical Program Management to train and coach leaders and teams on program standards and principles
- You will demonstrate Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams within your program establish the rhythm in delivering great software
- You will continuously assess your program teams’ Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great software to our customers quickly, often and safely
- You will participate in Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows
- Create outcome driven roadmaps, detailed project timelines and make adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the program
- Facilitate scoping and process design with other teams
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential risks to the success of initiatives you lead
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders as it relates to your program(s)
- You will foster trust and collaboration across the teams; make it safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear
- You will foster the continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past
As a Technical Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Agile software development environment
- Experience in setting and managing goals via OKRs
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices)
- CSM, CPSO, CSD, SAFe certification would be plus. CPSO would be regarded and valued highly
- Experience in building and maintaining outcome driven roadmaps, while ensuring teams have the tools needed to execute on a sprint-by-sprint basis
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Strong communication skills
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Prior experience building cross functional delivery teams a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment