Technical Program Manager
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities that have historically had limited access to high-quality, affordable care. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries. We’re tackling a $1.3 trillion market opportunity with market-leading early indicators, and are on the path to serve millions of members in the next decade.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through our flexible care teams, deep community partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
We’re growing quickly—in the next year, we’ll enter new markets and expand our footprint in current markets, each with their own field-based teams and potentially regional offices. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, tenacious and inquisitive Technical Program Manager to act as the glue between Cityblock’s data exchange partners, our internal Engineering and Data teams, and users of data at Cityblock.
Cityblock partners with a number of upstream and downstream vendors to exchange data for coordination of care, billing, metrics development and reporting, and care delivery. Managing the onboarding and maintenance of these partner data feeds often involves a specification, development, production and monitoring cycle that spans several teams and stakeholders. As a little fish in a big sea, it’s important to Cityblock to play well with our partners, and this role is pivotal in these efforts!
Once an external data feed has been productionalized, data must find its way to various internal Cityblock data consumers through our web application or analytics platform. Managing this work along the way involves partnering with stakeholders to define the specifications, and engineers on implementation.
If you have a technical background (Software engineering, analytics/data science, or another technical discipline), enjoy the process of distilling business requirements into data models/pipelines, and naturally approach your planning activities according to the 80/20 rule, we want to hear from you!
- Be responsible for delivering multiple projects - of varying sizes and scopes - concurrently
- Build and maintain coordination artifacts and workflows that are used across the company
- Provide visibility and transparency into a portfolio of initiatives across the company. Ensure that this cross-function work is well communicated and internalized
- Ensure that our organizational goals and strategy are well documented and centralized to drive decision making and inspire staff
- Work closely with functional leaders and staff across Engineering, Operations, Clinical, Field Operations, Product
- Increase cross-function productivity by rapidly surfacing obstacles and risks, tightening meeting structures, and keeping processes lean
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities
You’d be a good fit if:
- You are comfortable with managing complexity and priorities in a fast-changing environment
- You are a intuitive navigator of team and interpersonal dynamics, skilled at exerting soft influence in order to get things done
- You bring a rigorous attention to detail
- You bring a rigorous sense of accountability and ownership
- You are interested in how organizations work, building teams, and management best practices
- You have experience in a high growth technology company
- At least 4 years of experience managing high-visibility projects and engagements of varied scale and scope.
- You have excellent communication skills and a strong editorial mindset towards clean and crisp messaging. You can modulate content and medium thoughtfully for audience scale and seniority.
- You have experience with a range of project coordination tools and best-practices, and strong opinions about their relative advantages.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.