Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master
Who are we?
Vestwell strives to provide every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in the $7 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and helps maximize savings for retirement. We’ve raised some capital from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal, and have picked up significant traction in a short period of time. We are changing the industry and need the best and brightest to help us deliver the valuable future everyone deserves.
Who are we looking for?
Our technology team and our business are growing rapidly, so we are adding a Scrum Master / Technical Project Manager to help us keep the trains running on time. We are already an agile-oriented shop but want to improve our agile processes in conjunction with our product team. We also have some critical partner integration projects coming up that we'll need to manage to strict deadlines and deliverables with our partners. We are looking for a Scrum Master / Technical Project Manager with 4+ years experience, who can drive improvement in our internal agile processes, as well as manage more traditional integration projects with our partners. You should have a strong sense of ownership and purpose, be excited about problem-solving and, importantly, have a positive overall attitude and outlook.
Your job responsibilities will include working with our product, development and testing teams to ensure that we continuously improve planning, estimation, and deliverable-tracking continuously improve; working with our external partners to manage integration projects; creating a production support triage and tracking process for our financial operations team, and surfacing management metrics.
Who you are:
- A passion for continuous process improvement
- The ability to learn quickly - you can jump into a project and start managing it
- The ability to help others learn - you can guide a team to find the key improvements they can make
- A team-first collaborative approach
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to tackle the complexities and problems of a fast-growing startup with a professional attitude
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with our product management, software development, and software test engineering teams to coordinate sprint activities
- Work with those teams plus management to evolve and improve our agile process
- Surface sprint tracking metrics for technology managers and our peers on the business side
- Create and manage a production support lifecycle for our financial operations team to surface production issues within our agile software development process
- Develop and manage project plans for integrations with our critical business partners
- 4+ years experience in agile and traditional software project management
- Demonstrated accomplishments in delivering quality software projects and improving software development processes
- Certification in both agile scrum master and traditional project manager disciplines
- BA or BS degree
- Some Financial Services experience, understanding of key concepts, instruments and basic workflows
- Experience with either software coding or product management
- Financial Services Certifications: Series 65, series 7, CFA, etc.
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, free drinks & snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible, close to all transportation between Bryant Park and Herald Square in NYC. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
No third parties please!