Resy is a hospitality technology platform that powers restaurants around the world and a consumer-facing reservation platform for passionate diners. Since its inception in 2014, Resy has created best-in-class software that elevates dining experiences and connects restaurants to a growing network of highly-engaged diners, with the powerful backing of American Express. Resy is a go-to destination for restaurant discovery, exclusive access, original content, and chef-driven culinary events. The amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away in the Resy app and at Resy.com.
Resy’s restaurant partners use Resy OS — resyos.com - a complete end-to-end technology platform — to run their businesses smarter and more efficiently. Resy OS takes into account pre, during and post service guest touchpoints to help operators deliver the best hospitality experience. Platform features include table management, wait list functionality, customized SMS text confirmations, guest feedback tools, reports and analytics for 360-degree visibility into operational performance, ticketing, PCI Level 1 compliant third-party credit card handling, and more.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager with a strong technology background to join our Engineering team at Resy, American Express Global Dining Network. You will be responsible for Scrum Master and Technical Management responsibilities. This position is being filled to support high priority initiatives and hence provides opportunity for great experience and exposure to leadership. It requires Agile savvy, impactful communicator who is confident with exceptional technical management skills and has a go getter attitude. This position will report to the Director of Technical Project Management.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Technical Scrum Master for multiple teams to deliver solutions in support of key product and engineering initiatives.
- Drive as Agent of Change, a conduit / advocate of agile maturity transformation by continuously seeking improvement.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Engineers to define and drive Metrics//KPIs.
- Coach and Challenge Product and Engineering teams to live and breathe agile principles
- Collaborate across teams to bring them together and manage dependencies.
- Resolving impediments precluding teams from making progress against plans.
- Understand the technical details sufficiently that they can meaningfully represent the team
- Data driven / logical in implementing. Excited by going deeper vs broader. Not shying away from contributes technical discussions.
- Maintaining release and dependency plans across Engineering teams and external partners
- Actively identifying, managing and raising risks, issues, and changes tied to product development initiatives.
- Conducting Planning sessions and Scrum ceremonies, with a focus on continuously learning from the past
- Finding opportunities to embrace innovative technologies and processes
Must Have Qualifications
- 5+ years of IT experience with 2+ years of agile experience scrum master managing scrum team for medium to large software development projects
- Comes from technical delivery background with good understanding of software engineering and technologies.
- Organized, diligent, proactive and passionate about delivery
- Excellent in Agile, Scrum development teams delivering fast paced environment.
- Experience understanding technology solutions at an enterprise-level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with third parties, development and product managers
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity, advocating for simplification, influencing teams and being able to build your own path to navigate to solutions
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Expertise in JIRA a major plus.
- Knowledge of Restaurant Industry is plus.
- Past Technology Experience is a plus
- Passionate about build technical solutions
“Currently, the Company requires that colleagues be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in or visit any of our US and Canada offices, subject to legally required accommodations. If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to visit our offices.”