Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Program Management Office (PMO)
At Gemini, the PMO leverages a process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives. The organization applies its resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, Program and Project Managers in the PMO set up our cross-functional teams for success by building and managing scalable programs that support Gemini’s vision.
The Role: Technical Project Manager - Crypto Services
As a TPM at Gemini, you will lead a cross-functional team through the product development lifecycle from concept to launch. This is a highly visible role requiring strong technical, leadership, project management, and communication skills. We look for Technical Program Managers who care deeply about the products they work on and can build relationships and drive the right level of process to ensure the success of product development in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
A Gemini TPM is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and leading complex programs. In this role, you'll use your full tool kit of portfolio, project, and process management skills to support your partners across the organization. You'll also have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
- Responsible for the management of the entire product development cycle from definition/scope through implementation. Perform all program management activities for each project: planning, identify key resources and stakeholders, drive project milestones, lead kickoff and weekly meetings, provide updates to internal and external stakeholders, document outcomes, follow through on project retrospectives, etc.
- Proactively identify and drive resolution of critical program risks/issues
- Act as a primary point of contact for all stakeholders throughout the the product development lifecycle
- Transition and execute a portfolio of R&D projects into actionable items, roadmap, milestones and own the execution of these projects
- Troubleshoot and solve technical and business related implementation problems in real-time, and assign to other team members or escalate as appropriate
- Manage cross-functional dependencies, facilitate cross-collaboration and understanding between back-end/front-end engineering teams, QA, marketing, biz dev, legal, risk, compliance, C-suite
- Communicate progress on launch readiness and other strategic initiatives to key stakeholders
- Develop the program management systems and tools for teams as they grow
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a senior lead position (Tech Lead, Engineering Lead) or Product Manager in a highly technical environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Thrive in ambiguity, passion for learning
- Proficient with SQL, ability to write scripts in python/shell or equivalent
- Proficient with github, jira - CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Ability to work with developers, security, cryptographers
- Proficient in SDLC, DevOps processes, distributed systems architecture
- Investment banking, fintech or crypto experience
- Ability to interpret functional and technical knowledge powering the crypto industry
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.