Technical Project Manager
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the Charge: You’re the fearless front line Lieutenant that leads our product development team down the endless rabbit hole of bugs, tweaks, and client requests. You have mastered the art of a calm head, an empathetic heart, and a strong will. Which means when it comes to helping our team create the un-thought-of, you’re already 5 steps ahead.
- Bringing Method to Madness: You’ll be working with Agile and Scrum methodologies to move projects from kickoff to completion. That includes managing the entire process of iteration in all its failures and successes. That means regular stand-ups and clear concise communication with every person involved in each project.
- Lots of Communicating: Working with every facet of our product development team means speaking roughly 10 different jargon-filled languages. You’re going to need to be a master listening, processing, and delegating to the relevant parties in a way that they and everyone will be able to understand.
- Identifying and Destroying!: With every new project comes plenty of new challenges. One thing everyone will deal with is the much feared “blocker”. The inevitable experience of every designer and engineer where they’re making progress and suddenly come to a screeching halt due to things out of their control. It's your job to find these blockers and destroy them like some sort of rocket-propelled efficiency-seeking missile.
- Building, Integrating, Optimizing: We like to think we’ve done some pretty cool stuff in the past, but by no means was the process of creating it seamlessly. We want you to come in on day one ready to fully integrate yourself into our team and help us figure out the best way to tackle our problems. Then, once you’re done with that, you’ll figure out a way make that better, faster, and stronger.
What you'll tell your friends:
- “I’m working on this huge project where we’re completely rebuilding our social experience. There’s already so much to do...but my team’s pretty crazy. They knock out bugs and features like it’s nothing.”
- “I can’t remember the last time I came into work and didn’t learn something completely new...”
- “This Thursday’s happy hour was insane! I got to drink a few Pineapple Whiskey Sours in the office then watch the CEO get in a ping-pong deathmatch with the HR guy!”
What you'll need to do it:
- 2 to 5 years experience leading projects as a Project Manager
- Experience using diagrams and documents to communicate technical concepts and architectures to business and product partners
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- You’re no stranger to the appeal of sports and e-sports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- A history of picking up new skills & technologies quickly
- Passion for VR, AR, MR and Game Development (or dogs. Those are cool too)
- An understanding of the general “No Assholes” policy
What would be cool:
- Previous experience working in emerging tech (VR/AR/MR is a huge plus)
- You’ve got plenty of stories about how you built, managed, and optimized projects in your past or current role.
- You eat product requirements and troubleshooting for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- You’re the owner of a Blue Merle puppy and will let us pet it.
What we offer:
- $85,000 - $110,000 Annually
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- (semi) Regular Cocktail Thursdays
- Monthly sportings events & VR stipend
- Optional Hugs
Recruiting AgenciesWe are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way. LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.