Technical Project Manager
We are a small, but mighty team, working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
If you have a passion for digital technologies, strong experience working closely with engineers, are an organizational genius and great at cat-herding, then we would love for you to join our team as a Delivery Manager to ensure that our products are shipped on time, and with the highest quality.
1. Act as integration lead for large-scale initiatives.
2. Bring all facets of Engineering and Product together to understand the components necessary to ship our products.
3. Manage a cross-functional backlog of items that can be delivered into time-boxed milestones, to ensure steady progress.
4. Identify issues and risks and escalate when necessary.
5. Identifies and coaches team on process improvements and efficiencies to be as agile as possible, in a sometimes non-agile world.
6. Work to remove any impediments to progress.
* 7+ years working in the digital space for a technology or media company
* 7+ years working closely with internal or external clients, partners and developers
* Is enthusiastic and a “go-getter.” Thrives on building and cultivating relationships with others
* Ability to translate technical terms or problems into natural language understood by non-technical parties
* Never hesitant to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in to help troubleshoot technical issues, or perform QA and UAT
* Familiarity with video delivery, CDN technologies, content management systems, database technologies (MySQL, NoSQL), and client-server application architecture a must
* Familiarity with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps processes a must
* Familiarity with ad-based and/or direct-to-consumer products a plus
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
* College degree; BA/MS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States