Technical Project Manager
Discovery, Inc is the leader in global real-life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, Genius Kitchen, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. Our Digital Studios team develops experiences on the web, mobile, and voice that reaches millions of users each day - inspiring them with ideas and tools to create their own unique world.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will drive successful project execution of the Services team. Our Services team is responsible for launching new direct-to-consumer opportunities for Food Network web, mobile, and voice platforms used by millions of users each day.
In this role, you will be successful by: overseeing the delivery of services through the agile software development process; providing status and identifying risks to senior management; communicating technical requirements; and collaborating with other Discovery teams on shared objectives and dependencies. Clarity in communication is key to this role: you’ll need to have a deep understanding of the technical requirements, but can also translate them in business terms to various stakeholders.
1. Facilitate agile standups and all sprint meetings including planning, reviews and retrospectives.
2. Identifies and addresses conflicts, issues, and risks within a team
3. Manage the delivery of features and tasks through Jira, Trello and other tools.
4. Coordinate with other teams to align with cross-functional and interdependent work. These include design, product, engineering and other project managers.
5. Help improve project management processes and leverage other project management methodologies as needed.
6. Communicate status, roadblocks and requirements to senior management in order to proactively solve problems and drive solutions.
7. Assists in work breakdown into epics and drives work planning meetings.
* Experience: 3+ years working as a project or program manager in the technology space
* Experience in various project life cycle methodologies such as Agile, Kanban, or Scrum
* Experience in running multiple sprint teams concurrently and a strong multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; be comfortable working with people at all levels and roles within the organization
* Strong understanding of databases, RESTful APIs, HTML and cloud infrastructure
* Team-oriented; develop and promote a collaborative team environment
* Self-starter and willing to be hands on to write/review technical requirements and perform QA testing if necessary.
* BS or BA in the computer science field is a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.