Technical Project Manager at Discovery Digital Media
We are a small, but mighty team, working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
If you have a passion for digital technologies, strong experience working closely with engineers, and are an organizational genius, then we would love for you to join our team as a Technical Project Manager to ensure that our code is shipped efficiently and often.
1. Track and manage tasks throughout various stages of the software development life cycle.
2. Track and manage risks to project deliverables, escalating when necessary.
3. As Scrum Master, manage daily stand-ups and various agile ceremonies such planning and retrospectives.
4. Identify and coach team on process improvements and efficiencies to be as agile as possible, in a sometimes non-agile world.
5. Partner with Product Management and Engineering Leads to understand priorities across initiatives, manage dependencies between teams and assist team members with removing obstacles.
* 3+ years working in the digital space for a technology or media company
* 3+ years working closely with internal or external clients, partners and developers
* Is enthusiastic and a “go-getter.” Thrives on building and cultivating relationships with others
* Ability to translate technical terms or problems into natural language understood by non-technical parties
* Never hesitant to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in to help troubleshoot technical issues, or perform QA and UAT
* Familiarity with video delivery, CDN technologies, content management systems, database technologies (MySQL, NoSQL), and client-server application architecture a plus
* Familiarity with Agile and DevOps processes a plus
* Familiarity with ad-based and/or direct-to-consumer products a plus
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
* College degree; BA/MS in Computer Science or related technical field, preferred