Technical Project Manager at CompStak
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:46 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry where accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
Launched in 2012, we’ve partnered with thousands of brokers across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model to create the foremost lease and sale transaction data and analytics platform in the world. CompStak is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 70 employees in the US and continues to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Canaan Partners, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $26m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, and we have regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Atlanta.
Learn more at compstak.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are expanding our tech team and looking for a talented Technical Project Manager to help us bring our unique data products to the market. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for all Agile aspects of the CompStak Engineering team.
In the role, you will:
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to understand priorities across initiatives, manage dependencies between teams, and assist team members with removing obstacles
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring project delivery.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, key milestones, and project setbacks to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Coordinate all Agile Ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Backlog Grooming, and Release Planning, tracking tasks throughout all stages of the software development life cycle
- Perform hands-on management of CompStak’s JIRA configuration
- Develop an understanding of the components of our software and infer dependencies and blockers: manage development tasks, identify and resolve issues, and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Remove impediments to team deliverables and product goals
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- 3+ years in an Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master in a tech start-up
- Worked with different Agile approaches (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- Worked directly alongside technical teams with a strong understanding of the software development project life cycle
- Managed multiple projects with tight deadlines and dependencies
- Previously worked in a fast-paced lean start-up with tight deadlines
- Planned and executed on complex and large scale cross-team initiatives
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to understand and communicate technical information to effectively communicate complex business frameworks, processes, recommendations, and data to audiences across functions, teams, and organizational levels
- Scrum Master certification (CSM), PMP-ACP or CSP certification, Agile or Project Management certification (PMP, PSM I, PSM II, SAFe).
- Background or previous work experience in software development
Who are the people of CompStak?
CompStak was born out of our dreams to revolutionize Commercial Real Estate and deliver information and insight out of fragmented and sparse data. We hail from 500 Startups, one of the most prestigious Silicon Valley incubators. Our goals and potential are lofty, and that is why we are backed by one of the most acclaimed VC firms – Canaan Partners. When you join our family, you will be joining a smart and collaborative team that is currently disrupting an antiquated industry.
What will you be paid?
- Highly competitive compensation: salary + bonus + equity
- Karma points for doing great things in life.
An Equal Opportunity Employer ----- M/F/D/V
Read Full Job Description