Technical Project Manager
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who has proven experience operating internal engineering and security teams and is a master at optimizing productivity and understanding technical concepts. If you are an open communicator with a passion for DevOps, security and you are excited about changing the world of investing, Stash is looking for you!What you'll do:
- Coordinate, prioritize and guide projects to completion across DevOps, infrastructure, cloud, and security engineering teams
- Prioritize a ticket backlog for engineering teams juggling multiple work streams
- Manage communication of progress/status to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop tools and processes to improve team efficiency, delivering more value to the customer, and the company, faster
- Identify and implement ways to improve the risk quantification for representation to senior leadership
- Administer project management and documentation systems
- Work with other product managers to understand how the system works and support necessary changes with product engineering teams.
- Guide the next phase of development as the application scales to multiple services and teams
- 3-5 years working in software engineering or technical project management at a software company
- Extensive project management experience supporting IT, operations, security, and internal engineering programs
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and common DevOps practices
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and event-based architectures
- Knowledge of application security and operational security concepts
- Previous experience administering Jira and Confluence cloud products
- Excitement and passion to innovate in finance
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience preferred
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.