Technical Project Manager at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery Digital Ad Technology and Operations team oversees the fulfillment of digital monetization advertising revenue across Discovery Inc. owned and operated and various distribution platforms. This team works alongside internal and external stakeholders to define and drive technical advertising projects, ad technology, integrations while ensuring successful ad delivery experience across all direct to consumer, digital video, social and partner platforms.
Our team will challenge the processes, think outside the box and provide the best in class ad technology and operations solutions to our clients while ensuring a seamless viewing experience to customers.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager will partner with Ad Sales and Ad Tech/Operations leadership on both long-term strategy and meeting the short-term goals of the business. This position will own all aspects of projects including requirements gathering and translating the scope of work into project plans containing timelines, deliverables, dependencies and risks to both project milestones and negative revenue impacts should delays occur. Will lead and be primary point of contact for internal stakeholders, vendors, and partners to ensure project roadmaps are delivered on time and in budget. Forge positive working relationships across Ad Sales, DTC, and GT&O organizations. Provide detailed status reports and communicate regularly with leadership on project completion, progress, and obstacles.
● Work with Ad Tech teams in DTC and Ad Sales organizations to determine schedules to launch new products, enhanced features and system overhauls supporting the U.S. Ad Sales organization.
● Responsible for cross-functional project planning, prioritization, execution, and communication to key stakeholders.
● Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
● Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives.
● Communicate schedules, dependencies, issues, and risks across teams and to stakeholders
● Define communication plan for projects, routinely provide updates to senior leadership and hold stakeholders accountable across cross-functional teams.
● Measure and track project performance using data, appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
● Must be successful influencing teams and stakeholders remotely given #DiscoveryWorksRemote.
● Must be willing to travel up to 20% of time.
● A Bachelor’s or master’s degree
● At least 5 years of experience in a customer-facing professional services, consulting, customer success, or project management role in the software and/or media video ad serving platforms.
● Proactive, thorough, and transparent in communication.
● Ability to influence and motivate project teams across Ad Sales, DTC, and GT&O organization to meet deliverables and ensure customer satisfaction with project end state.
● Comfortable working through ambiguity and anticipating the needs of different stakeholders.
● Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of key goals. Ability to drive teams/decisions through ambiguity.
● Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive decisions.
● Familiarity and ability to drive projects to completion using Smartsheet.
● Knowledgeable of advertising sales systems and technologies tied to tech-stacks (FreeWheel, Operative, Google Ad Manager, Salesforce). Understanding of programmatic ecosystem a plus.
● Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]