Technical Project Manager at Rhino
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Technical Project Manager, you will partner with Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders to successfully deliver engineering projects. You will apply project management best practices and take a structured approach. You will help to define the role of a Technical Project Manager and help shape the vision of Program Management. You will own the delivery of your projects and ensure regular communication with all stakeholders.In this role you will:
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close multiple technical projects.
- Own delivery of technical projects.
- Take a structured approach to project management.
- Set project goals and come up with plans to meet those goals.
- Help teams develop and maintain project schedules, estimates, and status updates.
- Manage resources for projects.
- Use project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence.
- Manage issues and risks for projects.
- Provide weekly project status reports.
- PMP or PMI-ACP Certification.
- SAFe certifications a plus.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development projects in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of project management processes, such as Scrum and Agile.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members/management and explain technical issues.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to handle any issues that occur during the project.
- Competitive compensation and 401k Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.