(TEMP) Project Manager, People Operations at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The People Operations team is responsible for managing the systems and processes that support the employee life cycle during their time at Cityblock. As Cityblock grows, the People Operations team is seeking a Project Manager to keep the team organized as we lay foundational processes that will support the company at scale and help us build what doesn’t exist. This is a great opportunity to learn and be a part of critical operations for a scaling start-up. The Project Manager, People Operations will sit on the People Operations team, reporting into the People Operations Manager.
In addition you will:
- Serve as a central driver for the People Operations team to deliver on important large cross-people team and cross-company initiatives, while supporting project development and execution of key initiatives across the employee lifecycle
- Triage and assign incoming requests to the People Operations team
- Bring structure and harmony to cross-functional efforts, embodies a mindset of change, feels comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, and enables others to do the same.
- Support an array of People projects from origination through final implementation.
- Preparation of structured meeting agendas, documentation of meeting outcomes and next steps. Successful at holding stakeholders accountable for next steps
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 2 years of experience in an HR function with exposure to a range of HR functions such as onboarding, offboarding, compliance, and benefits
- You have an excellent communication style that can support a wide array of employment types
- You have led or project managed multiple projects at the same time, ideally in the HR space.
- You have a strong understanding of end to end project management methodologies & frameworks
- You have experience juggling multiple and shifting priorities
- You operate with consistently good judgement and have a high level of discretion and confidentiality
How We Define Success:
- You lead the People Operations team through 5 core critical business priorities by the end of the year
- You proactively raise roadblocks that may impact the timing of these projects and communicate the status of these projects to your manager
- You successfully engage stakeholders to complete those priorities
- You help the People Operations team manage their company facing SLAs in response time
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- High growth startup experience, specifically technology or venture backed
- Experience working with the tools we use Greenhouse Onboarding, Paylocity and Freshworks
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.